If you have trouble after upgrading Seagull Scientific's printer drivers to a newer version on a Windows 2000/XP machine you might need to manually remove all printer drivers of the same family before you install the newer drivers.
Steps to remove the printer driver
- Reboot your PC.
- Log on to the PC as the Local Administrator
- Open the Printers folder by going to Start>Settings>Printers or Start>Printers and Faxes (XP only) and delete all Seagull Scientific drivers.
- Go to File>Server Properties>Drivers tab in the Printers folder and remove all of the supporting driver files in here that belong to Seagull Scientific drivers. If you get any ”Driver is in use.” errors restart the Printer Spooler service through Administrative Tools>Services, then remove the driver.
- Go to Administrative Tools>Services and stop the Printer Spooler service. Navigate to C:\WINNT\System32 (or C:\Windows\System32 for XP) and look for these files: prt32lm.dll, prt32pm.dll, and prt32m.dll. You may not find all of them, but any that you do find you will need to delete.
- Check to see if there is a folder named Seagull in the root of the C drive. If so, delete it and reboot the PC.
- If you’ve downloaded the latest driver pack then it is now safe to extract this to the Seagull folder on your root drive.
- Install the latest printer driver.
SUPPORT DOC#: 009
LAST UPDATED: 8/14/05